Sunday, July 10, 2005

Munich - Third Reich Tour


I have finally decided to post a little (very little) on our trip to Munich or as the Germans refer to it here in Deutschland, "München". (It is ironic that I should happen to update today as it is "VE" day (Victory in Europe day...60 year anniversary).
As my husband and I have an interest in military history, we decided to take the "Third Reich Tour" of Munich (which also included a tour of Dachau Concentration Camp).
This tour took us past buildings where the Hitler and the Nazi party held their meetings and parades. (I will not go into the history itself as you should all be aware of what occurred. If you are not acquainted with this history, then I suggest you do some research, talk to the "old timers", etcetera...this is meant for the "younger" readers who may have a "general" knowledge of the era.) As you will see, from one of the pictures from Dachau Concentration Camp, "...Never again..." will ring true for you if you know of this history.
Being this was the "Third Reich Tour", there is much that I could write on regarding what occurred, the political aspects, etc., but I choose not to do this. Instead, we will visit München once again and tour the "typical" tourist sites. And perhaps I will write then (on a lighter note and with a less heavy heart).

6 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger spoiledbrat said...

Hey Kathie - Thanks for leaving a comment. How is Boboy doing? I hope much better.

I love all the places you have visited. They look and sound wonderful!

LOL @ bookbinding. The last time I talked to you was at yours and Porter's going away party. I don't know if you remember but I was just "a little drunk" ... so I don't remember the website you told me to check out. And honestly, I just haven't had time to fully research it. Maybe I'll get a chance now that its summer.

Please tell Porter hello for all of us. We miss you guys!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

After reading the post again....I figured the one new word in my vocabulary is schneller. Ha!

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Muley said...

I'm enjoying the photos and the travelogue!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Christyyy said...

Hey Kathie! just wanted to drop by and say hi.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I'm back and stopped by to say that I'm glad to be back. Now I just need to get myself in a routine. Looks like my son may be able to visit! Crossing fingers here.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Sille0ne said...

Hey Kat...
Wow concentration camps, that is amazing, I would have really loved to take that tourwith you. Ofcourse if I did I would either be all gloomy afterwards or really pissed off! I tgink i can understand your mood, next time you take visit have FUN!!!

thanks for visiting my site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home