Monday, March 07, 2005

Aloha Monday...I think!!!

Well, it is another beautiful day here in Aichtal! This weekend I was invited by some friends to attend an Ostereiermarkt in Michelstadt. This was my first time attending this type of market. (For those of you who do not know what an "Ostereiermarkt" is, it is simply an "Easter Market" where artisans come together to sell their wares--those wares are decorated Easter Eggs). We are not talking about your childhood decorated eggs where you dip the egg in some food coloring... We are talking about "full-blown" art! Paintings, scenes, designs, fokelore, colors of spring, colors of the orient, colors of Europe, carvings, etc...you name it they can create it on/in and egg! Such beauty as I have never seen and from something so simple as an egg! Well, you can tell I did enjoy myself!

Now in regards to my last posting--"whea all da' Local (Hawaiians in Europe) stay!?!" I am still looking for you folks...(smile)...

That's it for now...we will be going to Berlin this Friday....Brrr...I hear it is really going to be cold! I guess I'd better put away my "slippahz" and pull out da' boots!!!

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home